Monday 24 May 2021

French Line Regiment

 This is a fairly generic French line regiment I Painted about a little while ago. It has a sister regiment that consists of another three battalions that I will put in the next post. All the figures are Essex. I still find these figures a nice easy paint. Very little cleaning and clearly defined detail. The folds in the uniforms make it easy to layer colour contrasts too. I understand some people don’t like proportions, but the stocky build and solid short bayonets make them good for handling. Plus I still have a fondness for them as they were my first 15mm figures I bought and painted 33 years ago.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Russian Napoleonic Cossack Artillery Limber

 Small conversion needed on these AB figures. The lance was removed from one and some lace removed from the officer figure. The limber horse...